Free songs

St Botolph Allerthorpe, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO42 4RW

page_break

Welcome to St. Botolph’s

Little is known about the structure of the original church building in Allerthorpe, though it is recorded as having two bells in 1552 (as it does to this day) and was in decay in 1615.  In a photograph of an old painting, the church is depicted as having a thatched roof.  The present church was rebuilt in 1876, using limestone rubble with ashlar dressings, on the site of the old one in a mixture of fourteenth and fifteenth century styles, possibly re-using some medieval stones notably in the internal chancel arch.

Allerthorpe church was dedicated to St. Botolph when the church was rebuilt in 1876 and a special service is held each year on 17th June to commemorate his saints day.

How to find us

Where to Park

Unrestricted parking is available on the road outside the church.

Address

St Botolph Allerthorpe, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO42 4RW

Latest News

Latest News

Back to Top